The Master in Global Sports Marketing is not just a master´s degree, it is a career booster.
We aim to identify, inspire, challenge and set on the right track the future protagonists of the sports industry, the ones that are going to extract from today’s trends the seeds of the future growth of the football business and the sports industry at a global scale.
Target group and Student Profile
- We seek to admit students into Master in Global Sports Marketing programme who offer diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and interests, and who share a commitment to excellence in the sports industry.
- We look for evidence of that commitment in areas including applicants’ academic records, their professional accomplishments, and their engagement in their community.
- We place emphasis on those skills and qualities we believe are necessary for academic success and participation in the intellectual life at LaLiga Business School.
Entrepreneurship and development of different projects within the main players of the sports industry:
- Other leagues
- Sports related institutions
- Brands linked to sports
- Clubs and Sports Associations
Our Internship department will ensure you get the right internship that will allow you to strengthen and match the acquired theory to implement learnings in a challenging-business environment. Constructing a solid network and opening opportunities for the future. Our team will help you with several services: Introduction to hiring practices, including CV preparation. Interview skills. Continued support while you’re conducting your internship.
Our Master's program includes a series of site visits, interactive experiences and trips to:
- USA (New York)
- India (New Delhi)
- UK (London)
- Germany (Frankfurt & Cologne)
- Spain (LaLiga´s Clubs and other Sports Entities)
MODULE I - Introduction to sports and entertainment industries
- Understanding the sports industry - Scope and evolution
- The power and responsibility of sport - Changing the world
- Sports within the entertainment business - Challenges and opportunities
- Sports within a globalized world - Challenges and opportunities
- The demographic challenges of the 21st century
- The New Economy disruptive strategies - Challenges and opportunities
MODULE II - Marketing and Communication
- Main Marketing principles
- Analytical and Operational Marketing - Marketing Mix
- Market research – Investigation and measurement
- Strategic Marketing
- E-Marketing - Social Media Management
- Marketing Plan – Marketing Mix
- Communication Strategy – PR Strategy and Media plan
- Media Mix, Paid vs. own and earned media
MODULE III – SPORTS MARKETING
- International Sports Marketing overview
- Strategic Marketing in sport business
- Market research applied to sports - The consumer of sports
- Strategic Marketing plans in sports
- City Marketing and sports tourism
MODULE IV – STRATEGIC BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Brand value - The power of intangible
- Brand management - From brand equity to brand positioning
- Building brands - Strategic brand advantages
- Meaningful brand – The Empathy Economy (the new consumer)
- Brand extension - Consolidation and co-branding
- LaLiga - The Making of a global brand
- Brand tracking – Market Research
MODULE V – SPONSORSHIP
- Strategic partnerships
- Brand sponsorship policy - Sponsorship evaluation models
- The return on objectives - Measuring the impact on business
- Sponsorship Activation - Engaging fans and beyond
- Sponsorship strategies - Traditional models vs. disruptive
- Mapping and Benchmarking
- Sponsorship program - Building a competitive commercial offer
MODULE VI – BEHAVIOURAL MARKETING
- The New Marketing - Behavioural marketing that converts
- Emotional Intelligence – Effective segmentation (brand adaptability to cultural and behavioural differences)
- Brand Activation - Opportunities for people and brands
- Insight - The new gravity center
- Brand activation - Influence people’s behaviour
- Behavioural Marketing in sports
MODULE VII – ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Strategic planning and control
- The entrepreneurship culture within corporations - Project Management
- Digital Innovation
- Health and technology
- Social innovation - Social Entrepreneurship in Sports
MODULE VIII – EFFECTIVE GLOBAL STRATEGY
- The global village
- Global strategy architecture - Offices and Global Network
- Market optimization - Barriers and drivers of growth
- Strategic partnerships
- Growth monitoring
- Innovation - The culture of change
INTERNSHIP (6 MONTHS)
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS
In order to guarantee excellence in training, this programme is designed for a maximum of 25 students.
Therefore, during the admission process, in addition to the legally established requirements for accessing postgraduate programs, we will evaluate positively those profiles that meet any of the following criteria:
- Graduates in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration.
- Profiles that have obtained other university degrees will be valued.
- People who want to develop their professional life in the sports industry.
- Professionals who have at least two years of experience in the sector.
- Professionals who wish to make a change in their careers.
STEP 2: RESERVE YOUR PLACE
The admission period to take this Programme starts on November 1st, 2019.
STEP 3: DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING THE ADMISSION PROCESS
- Application form duly completed and signed by you.
- Digitized passport-size photo. Please, save the .jpg file with your full name.
- Two copies of the front and back of your National Identity Card (DNI), if you have Spanish nationality, or a copy of your Foreigner Identity Number (NIE), if you are a foreigner residing in Spain, or a copy of your Passport. Submit originals and paper copies before LaLiga Business Schools offices for their comparison, or send a notarized copy by mail.
- Two copies of the front and back of your University Degree. Submit originals and paper copies before LaLiga Business Schools offices for their comparison, or send a notarized copy by mail.
- A copy of your Personal Academic Certificate: Submit original and paper copy before LaLiga Business Schools offices for their comparison, or send a notarized copy by mail.
- All the documentation specified in the 3rd Step must be sent to the following email: email@example.com
The LaLiga’s new Headquarters.
- Our students will enjoy a unique experience by gaining first-hand knowledge from LaLiga and its Clubs/ Public Limited Sports Companies.
- Visits to the Football Clubs of LaLiga where Clubs/Public Limited Sports Companies’ professionals will share their know-how with our students.
- In the course of the Master’s programme, our students will try to solve real cases related to the activities developed by LaLiga and/or its Clubs/ Public Limited Sports Companies’ activities.
- Our students will be able to attend any meeting, seminar and internal committees held by LaLiga.
- Attendance, together with a “Football Match Manager”, to official matches in order to get first-hand knowledge of their respective roles and a better understanding of how an event of this nature is usually organised.
- Academic staff composed of professionals of sports industry and employees of LaLiga with a great experience and teaching skills.
- Our students will have access to exclusive contents of LaLiga.
- The Master’s programme is designed, coordinated and directed by the LaLiga professionals.
Internships at the LaLiga’s associated Clubs/Public Limited Sports Companies.
In addition to guaranteeing internships, LaLiga will offer students who successfully complete this Master’s Degree the opportunity to be part of a careers service that promotes contact between the students and the different entities of the Sports Industry.
|Duration: From November, 2021 to June, 2022|
| Agenda |
Monday to Thursday
|1 academic year + 6 months internship|
LaLiga Business School has an agreement with Santander Universidades (Banco Santander Group, LaLiga Title Sponsor) through which our students can be selected for Funding and Loan Options.
For more information: