International MBA in Sports and Entertainment Management
Train at LALIGA and develop your Sports Management skills thanks to a unique and pioneering Education Model in Sports, that aims to respond to the increase in demand for professionals specialized in the Sports Industry
Saturdays: 09:00h – 15:00h
MBA of LALIGA
Pillars of this MBA
Loans and financing options
An evolving industry
Who we collaborate with
Where our students work
MBA OF LALIGA
Trips we offer with our international Master in Sports Management
Travel to the USA and the UK and experience the opportunity to visit the best sports venues in the world. Gain first-hand knowledge behind each event and broaden your horizons while living unique and unforgettable experiences. Take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your skills and improve your career prospects in the world of sport.
Sports Management MBA LALIGA
He has developed his professional career in the Marketing and Business Development sector within the Sports, Fitness and Education Industry. Director of Sports Centres at BeOne and Manager for Spain and Portugal for Gympass.
Between 2012 and 2016 he was the Head of Marketing at Real Madrid University School | Universidad Europea.
In 2017 he joined LALIGA as Executive Agent in the Chairman's Office and after a few months he was appointed Director of Business, Marketing and International Development.
He started his career in Formula 1 in 1997, working his way through commercial and marketing positions.
In 2007, he joined the WPP Group in Madrid to create the Ogilvy Sponsorship Department to guide and support global brands in the design and implementation of their international sports strategies (Ford, Telefónica, Santander, Heineken, among others).
Since 2013, he has worked in Brand Management and Strategic Planning, within the WPP Group, and outside it with Project Management and consultancy work for leading institutions such as Madrid City Council and LALIGA.
MBA OF LALIGA
The module directors
Patricia began her professional career in 2011 at PwC. She started in the Sports Industry in 2014 by joining SD Eibar. In 2016, she became the Club's General Manager (the first woman to hold an executive position in a Football Club in Spain).
Appointed CEO of Elche CF SAD in 2019 and Vice-President of LALIGA in 2020. In 2021, she joined Granada C.F.
After 12 years working for Real Madrid, he started at LaLiga in May 2020 as its Marketing and Commercial Director.
He started his career at Real Madrid C.F. as Sponsorship Executive in 2007, soon becoming its Partnership Sales Manager and its Head of Partnerships Activation since 2016.
He started his professional career as FC Barcelona's Community Manager in 2010.
In 2016, he advanced his career in the sports industry by becoming a Social Media Content Manager at the Olympic Channel, which is the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) worldwide content distribution platform.
Jaume joined LALIGA in 2017.
She started her professional career in the world of sailing as Managing Director of the Olympic Sails Racing Club and as Editor of the magazine "Regatta" in 1997. She was appointed Chief Editor of the magazine "Navegar" in 2000.
She joined Motorpress Ibérica as a specialised journalist in 2006.
In 2012 she became General Manager for Motor Sports at "Motorpress Ibérica" and its CEO in 2013.
Legal Background and International Experience in the Global Sports Industry. Experience in Football Clubs (Calcio Catania - Italy), and in leading Law Firms in the Sports Industry (Pinto Ruiz & Del Valle, Bichara e Motta and Giambrone Law).
Judge of the FIFA Players' Status Sub-Committee from 2017 to 2019, Head of Legal Affairs of "European Leagues" from 2015 to 2019.
In 2019 she was appointed Head of Professional Football at FIFA.
Graduate in Business and Law Administration. PhD in Business in the Football Industry from U.N.E.D.
Twenty-six years' professional experience in consultancy and management.
Connected with the Sports Sector since 2008 with the Madrid 2016 Olympic Bid.
Since 2017 he had been the Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer at FC Barcelona.
In 2021 he joined Aser Ventures.
The teaching staff
PROFESSIONALS IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY
What to expect on the course
Module 1 - MANAGEMENT IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY: “Effective and Efficient Leadership”
- General Management: Strategic Management – Financial Management – Legal Management – Planning and Control – Human Resources
- Sports Industry Environment: Economic Analysis – Sports Environment – New Dimensions and Key Trends
Module 2 – THE NEW MARKETING: “Customer Experience Driven”
- Traditional Marketing: Strategic and Operational – Brand Management – Marketing Mix – Marketing Plan – Communication Plan – Market Research
- New Marketing: The Empathy Economy – Brand Activation – Shopper Marketing – Relationship Marketing – Experiential Marketing – Digital Marketing – Purpose Marketing
- Sports Marketing: Sponsorship – Strategic Alliances – Brand Activation in Sports
Module 3 – DIGITAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISRUPTION: “Capitalizing on the New Dimensions of the Sports and Entertainment Industry”
- Digital Transformation: Digital Economy - Business Management Models – New Management Skills – Web services applied to Sports Entities – eCommerce
- New Digital Technologies: Cloud - Blockchain – Analytics - Artificial Intelligence - Robotics
- Digital Strategy in Sports: Big Data – Harnessing the Fan
- Competitive Gaming and eSports
Module 4 – MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT: “The Power of On-brand Content”
- The Media: Media Environment – Media Plan – Public Relations – Audiovisual Rights
- Content: The Entertainment Industry – Business Models – Audience – Platforms – Creation – Production – Exploitation in the Digital Age – Distribution – Monetization
Module 5 – MAJOR SPORTS EVENTS: “Planning Optimization for Legacy”
- Sports Governance
- Sport Facilities: Venue Management – Operation – Technology and Security – Sustainability
- Sporting Events: Design – Production – Funding
- Sporting Mega-events: Sites and Hosting – Strategic Planning – Organization – Globalization – Urban Planning and City Marketing – Economic Impact – Long-term Legacy
Module 6 – INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP: “Inspired and Inspiring Leadership”
- Innovation: Innovation in Times of Transformation – Innovation in the Sports and Entertainment Industries – Generation of Ideas – Building Innovation Systems – Innovation Hubs
- Project Management: Methodologies – Tools – Complexity Mapping – Convergence Plan – Organizational Design – Business Plan – Risk Management – Monitoring and Controlling
Module 7 – 360º Case Studies
- LaLiga as a leading entity of transformation in the Football Industry.
- The 42 LALIGA teams (42 contexts, territories and models, differentiated and complementary).
MBA OF LALIGA
Our MBA in Sports Management classes are held at LALIGA's headquarters in Madrid, where the most important decisions about Spanish football are made. Our students will have access to networking opportunities with LALIGA professionals.
Admission and Financing Process
- Step 1. Orientation interview with the Admissions Department
- Step 2. Submission of updated CV and Cover Letter
- Step 3. Interview with one of the Directors of the program
- Step 4. Analysis and internal study of the process
- Our ideal student has a minimum of 5 years of experience and covers a position of command or coordination of projects and teams.
- Level C1 of English
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Two photocopies of the university degree (front and back): present the copies and the original for verification at LALIGA Business School, or send a certified copy by post.
- Academic certification: university degree (front and back), other certifications associated with the content of the program.
Loans and financing options
Thanks to an agreement we have with Santander Universities (Grupo Banco Santander, sponsor of LaLiga), our eligible MBA students have the opportunity to finance their studies with a loan.
For further information:
- Contact: Alberto Muñoz Pulido (Director Office 4687, Santander Spain)
- Banco Santander Office: Arturo Soria, 187, 28043 Madrid
- Tel: +34 625 16 26 70
- Email: email@example.com
To streamline the process and minimise associated costs, LaLiga Business School uses Flywire's online payment gateway for all students who need to make international payments in a currency other than the euro.
Did you know...?
- Flywire is the global market leader for education payments, the Trusted Choice of millions of students, thousands of institutions and hundreds or recruitment agents and partners worldwide. Flywire offers convenient payment options from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 130 currencies.
- Flywire supports a variety of local payment methods including bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more.
- Flywire guarantees payment as soon as funds are received in any of our accounts around the world.
- Flywire offers peace of mind by providing real-time payment tracking every step of the way through email, in-app and text alerts.
- Flywire offers 24x7 multilingual support via email, phone or live chat.
- Flywire provides a secure and streamlined refunding process with automatic tracking notifications.
- Flywire’s internal controls ensure that funds are secure and protected against fraud.
- Flywire provides a Best Price Guarantee: if you find a better exchange rate at your bank within two hours of booking a local currency bank transfer with Flywire and send us a quote from your bank, we will match it.
Why did LaLiga decide to launch its own MBA in Sports Management?
The Sports and Entertainment Industry is facing sudden changes, and technology is creating significant growth opportunities. The Sports and Entertainment Industry has the potential for exponential growth. The big drivers of this change will be Digital Transformation, Innovation and Entrepreneurship both outside and inside institutions.
Starting this transformation process requires a deep understanding of current assets, as well as a vision for the future that will determine how sports and entertainment organizations will create innovative fan experiences and engage audiences across multiple media.
Do you share this vision with us? Do you want to learn how to create innovative and personalised experiences, and prepare yourself to be a leader of change in this new era of the Sports and Entertainment Industry? Enroll in LALIGA's MBA in Sports Management and join the change.
Why study an MBA in Sports Management at LaLiga in Madrid?
LaLiga has positioned itself as a benchmark in providing innovative concepts and creating new trends in parallel to the management of major global sporting competitions.
LaLiga Business School is the Educational Department of LaLiga. LaLiga's MBA in Sports Management is designed to bring you the best resources from the most dynamic and competitive industries, Football, Sports and Entertainment, and present them in a practical environment to complement your learning.
The “MBA of LALIGA” is an innovative global MBA. It is the first MBA designed with a specific focus on bringing together Sports and Entertainment as a Global Business.
Student profile: our students are the future leaders of the Sports and Entertainment Industry. Our candidates are ambitious professionals, who aspire to lead change to make a positive cultural impact.
LaLiga's Alumni have the added value of benefiting from a lifelong professional network. We support our students during and after their experience with LaLiga Business School.
Our commitment to quality is reflected in our policy of limiting the number of places available.
What is an MBA and what are its career benefits?
ENSURE YOUR FUTURE
INCREASE YOUR SALARY
MEET THE BEST
GROWTH PLAN FOR LALIGA AND CLUBS
LALIGA Impulso is the strategic agreement reached between LALIGA and the investment fund CVC to boost the overall growth of LALIGA clubs.
The LALIGA Impulso projects require clubs to restructure their organisation, expand their departments and create new ones, review their strategies, processes and work methods, prioritise innovation, and attract and retain talented individuals. LALIGA, as promoter of the project, supports the development of LaLiga Impulso also with training, through its Educational Department, LaLiga Business School.